Eve and the Creation
Eve and the Creation
When the earth was created we learn from latter-day prophets that Michael (Adam) help create the earth alongside Christ. We have also learned that Eve his wife participated along side him as will as many close spirits. They were given the assignment through God and the priesthood power that God holds to help create this beautiful world around us. This part of my learning made me think back in seminary how some of my fellow classmates in their patriarchal blessing shared that they were along side Christ and under his instructions on helping create this world. What a blessing to have such knowledge that some sort of part in the Creation of our home that we live on to make it part of God's beauty that he gave us. Just like the same way we can do in our own homes.
In Genesis, Moses, and Abraham we learn that man and woman were created in God's likeness. Being the case we carry traits like when we are born from our own parents of God's personality. Some of those traits have been instilled and taught to us from the pre-existence and we have carried them down with us to this life here on earth. What traits can you see in yourself that God has given you that you feel God possesses? I know the more I learn the more I see what kind of a loving father he must be to let us make mistakes and show mercy on all of us.
One of the things that the scriptures teach us is Adam was created and he was out to sleep from his rib woman was created. For us as a woman should have some great significance when it comes to man. It represents a partnership in the creation, as for Eve it also deals with a likeness to her husband. With that partnership of man and woman , husband and wife living side by side as a team. They became partners working together for the same goal of eternal life. It signifies as will that there is no dominion one person over the other but a lateral relationship. Since woman was created in the likeness of man by God we also get to learn and have the same intelligence and have the same devotion to righteousness. We had that same opportunity I believe in our first estate and are able to carry that learning on even now in our second estate. We also learn from the scriptures that when Adam saw his wife the first thing he called her was woman, because she was made after his likeness. He then gave her the name of Eve because she would become the mother of all living. We also learn after everything that a woman was God's final creation before he rested on his labors making Eve a masterpiece in his creations. How do you feel as a woman that you are a masterpiece in God's creations?
On a more being a masterpiece in God's creations think about what Ezra T Benson said" in the beginning God placed woman in a companion role with the priesthood. The God's counseled and said it was not good for man to be alone ( Moses 3:18) … But he provided woman. For she was to be man's helpmeet. She was to act in partnership with him. " so what do you think that exactly means to be a helpmeet? Today I know a lot of people take it to mean someone of lesser stature, a maid, a servant, etc. We even have men and women who take the meaning of help meet to use it as a way to demean woman, demoralize to make them feel less worth thanks attended for us to feel. So what does help meet actually mean? Then Hebrew word for help is ezer - and help in the English language means rescue or to save. Meet in Hebrew is the word k'endego- translated means equal. When we put it together or really think about it we learn that God created eve in an intent to a power ( or strength) equal to man to rescue or save through her influence on helping mankind learn of God's grace through the teaching and love that woman have innately inherited. An identity that as a woman we carry from the kindness we show to others.
So my oldest son and I got talking about the draft and how they were talking about woman being apart of it. We started to talk about equal rights due to the military. He said to me "I don't get it why a lot of women got scared about the draft. They want equal rights let's open it up. I know I would fight harder to protect her if she was out on the field with me." The thought crossed my mind about the priesthood and I started to talk to my son. Telling him how I started to study the woman in the scriptures . The things that I've been learning with women pertaining to the priesthood is that is as woman are in a partnership with the priesthood. From the time that God created Eve. Woman have such an influence on the lives they bring into the world and the people that they come across even on their own spouses. Woman innately have a teaching or saving grace with them. That when used righteously they will have an influence to those around them in following Christ; even a motherly instincts kicks in. Because of the saving grace that woman all ready hold they become a powerful part to the priesthood and that we really don't need to worry about having it. But what does man have? I asked my son. Man innately have qualities that they carry but to be a saving grace to mankind to help bring us back to our heavenly father need the priesthood. It's there way of helping rescue mankind through God's grace. So when man and woman work together we help one another as a team bring each other home to god. That way God's priesthood power flows equally to all mankind. As soon as I was done talking my son all astonished looked at me and said "mom I get it I so get it now. Oh my goodness I've always wondered why both sexes didn't have it. But Mom i get it. I just get it we all need a way to help each other." Russell m Nelson said " all the purposes of the world would be brought to naught without women, a keystones in the priesthood arch of creation. " Powerful words of great importance of a role we play in this life and the role Eve played when she was created. As woman we get to be set of God's masterpiece to his plan!
On a more being a masterpiece in God's creations think about what Ezra T Benson said" in the beginning God placed woman in a companion role with the priesthood. The God's counseled and said it was not good for man to be alone ( Moses 3:18) … But he provided woman. For she was to be man's helpmeet. She was to act in partnership with him. " so what do you think that exactly means to be a helpmeet? Today I know a lot of people take it to mean someone of lesser stature, a maid, a servant, etc. We even have men and women who take the meaning of help meet to use it as a way to demean woman, demoralize to make them feel less worth thanks attended for us to feel. So what does help meet actually mean? Then Hebrew word for help is ezer - and help in the English language means rescue or to save. Meet in Hebrew is the word k'endego- translated means equal. When we put it together or really think about it we learn that God created eve in an intent to a power ( or strength) equal to man to rescue or save through her influence on helping mankind learn of God's grace through the teaching and love that woman have innately inherited. An identity that as a woman we carry from the kindness we show to others.
So my oldest son and I got talking about the draft and how they were talking about woman being apart of it. We started to talk about equal rights due to the military. He said to me "I don't get it why a lot of women got scared about the draft. They want equal rights let's open it up. I know I would fight harder to protect her if she was out on the field with me." The thought crossed my mind about the priesthood and I started to talk to my son. Telling him how I started to study the woman in the scriptures . The things that I've been learning with women pertaining to the priesthood is that is as woman are in a partnership with the priesthood. From the time that God created Eve. Woman have such an influence on the lives they bring into the world and the people that they come across even on their own spouses. Woman innately have a teaching or saving grace with them. That when used righteously they will have an influence to those around them in following Christ; even a motherly instincts kicks in. Because of the saving grace that woman all ready hold they become a powerful part to the priesthood and that we really don't need to worry about having it. But what does man have? I asked my son. Man innately have qualities that they carry but to be a saving grace to mankind to help bring us back to our heavenly father need the priesthood. It's there way of helping rescue mankind through God's grace. So when man and woman work together we help one another as a team bring each other home to god. That way God's priesthood power flows equally to all mankind. As soon as I was done talking my son all astonished looked at me and said "mom I get it I so get it now. Oh my goodness I've always wondered why both sexes didn't have it. But Mom i get it. I just get it we all need a way to help each other." Russell m Nelson said " all the purposes of the world would be brought to naught without women, a keystones in the priesthood arch of creation. " Powerful words of great importance of a role we play in this life and the role Eve played when she was created. As woman we get to be set of God's masterpiece to his plan!

Comments
Post a Comment