Rachel,Leah, Zilpah, Bilhah

  • How would the twelve tribes of Israel come about if it wasn't for the mothers of each tribe who are Rachel, Leah, Zilpah, and Bilhah. Each one of them playing a role into the life and being a wife to Jacob. Each bearing children of their own to be considered one day as their own tribe.

In the story of each one we have a sister rivalry going on, we have handmaidens being used as pawns in the rivalry. We see the sisters even finally come together and work with their husband to leave their fathers place. They even ask about their own inheritance of their is anything left for them.
What can we possibly learn from the sister Rachel and Leah and God's plan that came from them? What can we learn from the handmaidens that were used as pawns in the rivalry? How can we look at our own relationship with our own siblings that we might have going on that cause a rivalry? What do you think we can do to help strengthen the sisterhood of friendships we might have with others around us?
I have been debating for days how I would go about their story and my learning from each of them. ThAt when I decided I would right it all together then right the story and What I learned into links which will be provided when I wrote them in this post. Sometimes it might be individually other times together. But what is it that the Lord would like us to learn from these women's life  experiences that they bring to us?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A deep dive on foundations "know who you really are" by elder eyre oct. 2025

Know Who You Really Are: Finding Strength in Your Divine Identity on Elder Brik V. Eyre's October 2025 Talk

The Atoning Love of Jesus Christ: Forgiveness and Healing by Elder Neil L. Andersen Oct. 2025