Ishmael Daughters Marry( Book of Mormon)
1 Nephi 7:1 sons should take daughters to wife, that they might raise sees up to the Lord in the land of promise.
1 Nephi 16:7 And it came to pass that I Nephi, took one of the daughters of Ishmael to wife, and also my brothers took of daughters of ish!ask to wife, and also Zorah took the eldest daughter of Ishmael to wife.
The fact that it wasn't just for Ishmael's family to go alone in the wilderness but also Ishmael's family. God considered that Lehi's sons needed marriage and to have off spring of their own to be brought up in his promises land. To me it shows that God sees the importance of marriage through all the generations. Going back to genesis with Adam and Eve where God explains that man is not meant to be alone. Man is meant to have a wife in marriage to travel together and work together to travel in the journey of life together as a partners in upbringing of the family.
I know the world has gone to belief of other ways. Even I followed that path for awhile. It ate at my soul especially being raised in the church. Even raising a couple of my own children on my own because of my choices. I think I did a good job personally with them. But I do remember the day I got married to my husband. Instead of torment to my souls knowledge of God's law on marriage. I found some peace being brought into my life. Marriage isn't perfect but it is an institute of learning. Issues that arise as husband and wife you learn from to work together and to me it feels like with marriage you actually work somewhat harder to keep that marriage together. But even in marriage sometimes because of issues like abuse or infidelity with a spouse one does have to make a choice do I let there free agency run and pray in my war room for them that they return or so I choose for my self that enough is enough so my soul doesn't get destroyed.
I can see why the proclamation to the families was put out as a guideline to our living for the family. It becomes a guideline to raising up our children how God sees the institute of the family should be. One of the things that pulls at me from the Family: proclamation to the world is "WE DECLARE the means by which mortal life is created to be divinely appointed. We affirm the sanctity of life and of its importance in God’s eternal plan." The reason it speaks to me is that while I look at Ishmael's daughter s and Lehi's sons getting married God looked at that time as will as Now being a sanctity to life. That each make and female aren't meant to raise a family just on their own but with the help of a spouse who is on the same level as them to teach and bring one another prayerfully faithfully and hopefully all back to our heavenly fathers house one day. That each life we bring into this world is and has been appointed by God and created by God equipped with our own souls of trying to remember the things that are hard to remember in divine qualities possessed and given as a gift from god. We bring those gifts to be a learning toll through our family. We bring those gifts in marriage to our spouse then we teach our children the gifts that we have and help them to develop upon their gifts given. The cycle repeating itself.
God saw the need to Lehi sons and the daughters of Ishmael to not be alone. That why he sent his son's to gather Ishmael's family so they can find joy through marriage and why he listened to the Lord that they could have seed for bringing up the family in the promised land.
What things come to your mind on how marriage is meant to be? Raising a. Family? How do you even feel to this day about the importance of family? My challenge is read the proclamation to the world for the family and decide why it's so important for our day to be reminded of God's importance in his institute that the family brings. Here is the link Family: Proclamation to the World.
1 Nephi 16:7 And it came to pass that I Nephi, took one of the daughters of Ishmael to wife, and also my brothers took of daughters of ish!ask to wife, and also Zorah took the eldest daughter of Ishmael to wife.
The fact that it wasn't just for Ishmael's family to go alone in the wilderness but also Ishmael's family. God considered that Lehi's sons needed marriage and to have off spring of their own to be brought up in his promises land. To me it shows that God sees the importance of marriage through all the generations. Going back to genesis with Adam and Eve where God explains that man is not meant to be alone. Man is meant to have a wife in marriage to travel together and work together to travel in the journey of life together as a partners in upbringing of the family.
I know the world has gone to belief of other ways. Even I followed that path for awhile. It ate at my soul especially being raised in the church. Even raising a couple of my own children on my own because of my choices. I think I did a good job personally with them. But I do remember the day I got married to my husband. Instead of torment to my souls knowledge of God's law on marriage. I found some peace being brought into my life. Marriage isn't perfect but it is an institute of learning. Issues that arise as husband and wife you learn from to work together and to me it feels like with marriage you actually work somewhat harder to keep that marriage together. But even in marriage sometimes because of issues like abuse or infidelity with a spouse one does have to make a choice do I let there free agency run and pray in my war room for them that they return or so I choose for my self that enough is enough so my soul doesn't get destroyed.
I can see why the proclamation to the families was put out as a guideline to our living for the family. It becomes a guideline to raising up our children how God sees the institute of the family should be. One of the things that pulls at me from the Family: proclamation to the world is "WE DECLARE the means by which mortal life is created to be divinely appointed. We affirm the sanctity of life and of its importance in God’s eternal plan." The reason it speaks to me is that while I look at Ishmael's daughter s and Lehi's sons getting married God looked at that time as will as Now being a sanctity to life. That each make and female aren't meant to raise a family just on their own but with the help of a spouse who is on the same level as them to teach and bring one another prayerfully faithfully and hopefully all back to our heavenly fathers house one day. That each life we bring into this world is and has been appointed by God and created by God equipped with our own souls of trying to remember the things that are hard to remember in divine qualities possessed and given as a gift from god. We bring those gifts to be a learning toll through our family. We bring those gifts in marriage to our spouse then we teach our children the gifts that we have and help them to develop upon their gifts given. The cycle repeating itself.
God saw the need to Lehi sons and the daughters of Ishmael to not be alone. That why he sent his son's to gather Ishmael's family so they can find joy through marriage and why he listened to the Lord that they could have seed for bringing up the family in the promised land.
What things come to your mind on how marriage is meant to be? Raising a. Family? How do you even feel to this day about the importance of family? My challenge is read the proclamation to the world for the family and decide why it's so important for our day to be reminded of God's importance in his institute that the family brings. Here is the link Family: Proclamation to the World.
Comments
Post a Comment