The wives of Nephis brothers and Sons of Ishmael
1 Nephi 18:9 After we had been driven forth for the space of many days, behold my brethren and the sons of Ishmael and also their wives began to dance and to sing, and to speak with such rudeness, yea even that they did forget by what power they had been brought thither, yea they were lifted up into exceeding rudeness.
We see here that after they had traveled across the sea to the new land that besides the men we have their wives participating in forgetting about god. Happy to make it across to the promises land they began to sing and dance. They also also become as Nephi explains speaking with rudeness and that the y became exceedingly rude. What can cause a person to become ungrateful in their heart? That once they reach a point in their life just to feel grateful but then turn around and be ungrateful? Have you ever found yourself doing the same thing? Ever pray for a miracle and then when you get it still unsatisfied by the blessing?
I feel like I'm life we look for great miracles to take place. Even with the great miracles we see past them and just don't appreciate what is done for us. We at times forget the hand or the people that help us get through he times. Sometimes I have seen in my life even not showing our appreciation towards someone that they feel you can be an ungrateful person. Do you feel there could be ways to show someone or God more appreciation for the things that they have done? Do find at times that it is easy to forget the Lord and the trials you have gone through? do you feel ungrateful for anything in your life at this moment? Do you think feeling that way you might be missing the blessings that are being performed in your life.
I think about what I would do in the situation of crossing the sea and having storms in the way.How would I act getting off the ship? Would I act the same way of would I act differently? How would you act? I think I'd it was me I would get off and dance as will just for the fact I am free and fresh air and my feet are on land again. But the rudeness towards another is in a different place. I would be grateful and probably in tears because I am a sensitive person giving my prayers to God for the grace he shown us to make it across the sea. What would be your reaction? How in your daily life be more grateful for the small miracle plus the big?
We see here that after they had traveled across the sea to the new land that besides the men we have their wives participating in forgetting about god. Happy to make it across to the promises land they began to sing and dance. They also also become as Nephi explains speaking with rudeness and that the y became exceedingly rude. What can cause a person to become ungrateful in their heart? That once they reach a point in their life just to feel grateful but then turn around and be ungrateful? Have you ever found yourself doing the same thing? Ever pray for a miracle and then when you get it still unsatisfied by the blessing?
I feel like I'm life we look for great miracles to take place. Even with the great miracles we see past them and just don't appreciate what is done for us. We at times forget the hand or the people that help us get through he times. Sometimes I have seen in my life even not showing our appreciation towards someone that they feel you can be an ungrateful person. Do you feel there could be ways to show someone or God more appreciation for the things that they have done? Do find at times that it is easy to forget the Lord and the trials you have gone through? do you feel ungrateful for anything in your life at this moment? Do you think feeling that way you might be missing the blessings that are being performed in your life.
I think about what I would do in the situation of crossing the sea and having storms in the way.How would I act getting off the ship? Would I act the same way of would I act differently? How would you act? I think I'd it was me I would get off and dance as will just for the fact I am free and fresh air and my feet are on land again. But the rudeness towards another is in a different place. I would be grateful and probably in tears because I am a sensitive person giving my prayers to God for the grace he shown us to make it across the sea. What would be your reaction? How in your daily life be more grateful for the small miracle plus the big?
Comments
Post a Comment