Sarah The test of Faith with Isaac

Sarah The test of Faith with Isaac

How many have been put to a test of Faith with our children or even someone we love? We want the best and have been given so much. How would we like to be in Sarah's shoes when your husband comes and says to you " the lord just asked that I should sacrifice our son? "  especially a child that you had waited for and thought would be impossible at an old age to have!
It would be such a test of Faith! That test of Faith that God would not let something happen to your son and that he will intervene and save him. A test that that son you had was the promise of nations to come from him. It would be such a test that I would be questioning my husband on the matter. Especially since Cain was cast out when he killed his brother. I would be questioning the fact did my husband talk to his himself and really told to sacrifice our son? Or was it an imposter spirit that was cast out that laid it down saying God wanted this to happen?
Whatever it was if I was Sarah I would be upset and crying and I would get down and pray to god. Even after my husband took off with our son. I would pray with all faith that a miracle would happen and and intervention would take place. I would ask god with a mother's heart and remind him of the promise he gave that I would have a nation be born. Makes me wonder if that is what Sarah did? What would you do if you faith was tested in this way to have your son go to be a sacrafice?
An angel does intervene and asks Abraham what he is doing? Saving their son! How would you feel when you see them both come back your husband and son? I think I'd still be made at my husband but a great relief of satisfaction that the lord intervened and saved my son and was willing to keep his promise! 
The things that I learn in this circumstance of  Sarah is that we can be tested by God and others pushed to our utmost limitations that could bring us down to our knees. Even the possibility of being so made even at God but we need to have a compusure and faith that God is asking us to do something in order to tech is a lesson. For ourself and for those who come after us. He can test those very limitations to see our reactions in how we will handle the situation and to see how we will learn from it..maybe to even see if we turn from him or if we rely on him through it all. He knows what we at capable of and how we will learn through the trial. 
One of the other things that I have thought of here with Sarah is can you imagine your husband coming up to you and saying his going to take your son to sacrifice him? It would be so hard to do.  This situation reminds me of the   symbolism that eventually happens with Mary with her son jesus. How God asks us to ensure through hard times but also how his only gotten son becomes our savior. could we go through this if we walked their path? And could we be strong enough to ensure to the end?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A deep dive on foundations "know who you really are" by elder eyre oct. 2025

Know Who You Really Are: Finding Strength in Your Divine Identity on Elder Brik V. Eyre's October 2025 Talk

The Atoning Love of Jesus Christ: Forgiveness and Healing by Elder Neil L. Andersen Oct. 2025