Mentioning of Sarah in the Book of Mormon
2Nephi 8:1-3 Hearken unto me, he that follow after righteousness. Look unto the rock from whence he are hewn, and to the whole of the pit from whence ye are digged. Look unto Abraham, your father, and into Sarah, she that bare you; for I called him alone, and blessed him. For the Lord shall comfort Zion he will comfort all her waste places; like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the lord. Joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving and the voice of melody.
I find it interesting in Nephi how it is called of the people to remember Abraham and Sarah. Why did he mention them and ask them to remember her? I believe it has to do with the example that these parents of nations have shown. He was asking the people to remember the one that bared them through there ancestory. If you think about the things that Sarah finally had to do? I'm the end she had to learn to trust the Lord for the blessings that would become theirs and settle on the impossible to be made possible. Following in righteousness and making God's word the rock that what he spoke could be possible through him. God comforted her in her old age and let her know that the blessings could still be hers by letting everything go and following him and putting her complete trust in to him. How many of us after everything we have done the little faith we might feel can say I am willing to give in now? I will put my full trust in you and listen so the blessings that you have for me can come my way? I'm teaching the people it seems to me to be a reminder of the things he did for Abraham and particularly for Sarah after she decided to say in her heart I feel it's impossible in my old age but if these men say it's possible I should trust in god to pour out those blessings that could be mine.Do you think that where eve you are that you can start and say God I feel this task at hand is impossible but I'm turning it over to you to help me get through and make it possible? Sometimes it's hard to change our hearts but yet we can start where we are and decide we can start to make things possible with the lord on our side.
I find it interesting in Nephi how it is called of the people to remember Abraham and Sarah. Why did he mention them and ask them to remember her? I believe it has to do with the example that these parents of nations have shown. He was asking the people to remember the one that bared them through there ancestory. If you think about the things that Sarah finally had to do? I'm the end she had to learn to trust the Lord for the blessings that would become theirs and settle on the impossible to be made possible. Following in righteousness and making God's word the rock that what he spoke could be possible through him. God comforted her in her old age and let her know that the blessings could still be hers by letting everything go and following him and putting her complete trust in to him. How many of us after everything we have done the little faith we might feel can say I am willing to give in now? I will put my full trust in you and listen so the blessings that you have for me can come my way? I'm teaching the people it seems to me to be a reminder of the things he did for Abraham and particularly for Sarah after she decided to say in her heart I feel it's impossible in my old age but if these men say it's possible I should trust in god to pour out those blessings that could be mine.Do you think that where eve you are that you can start and say God I feel this task at hand is impossible but I'm turning it over to you to help me get through and make it possible? Sometimes it's hard to change our hearts but yet we can start where we are and decide we can start to make things possible with the lord on our side.
Comments
Post a Comment