Jacob talks about Chastity of Women
Jacob 2:27 Wherefore, my brethren, hear me, and hearken to the word of the Lord: For there shall not any man among you have save it be one wife; and concubines he shall have none;
28 For I, the Lord God, delight in the chastity of women. And whoredoms are an abomination before me; thus saith the Lord of Hosts.
Jacob a prophet and Nephi's brother talks to the people at the temple about the chastity of women. How important it is for men and women to recognize they sanctity throughout time on women's chastity. What does it actually mean to have chastity? The Merriam- Webster Dictionary meaning 1.quality or state of being chaste: such as abstention from sexual intercourse,purity in conduct and intention,restraint and simplicity in design or expression. 2. Personal integrity.
Jacob is asking the men to uphold the chastity of women and asking the women to stay true to there chastity. As Merriam Webster Dictionary he wanted them to watch out for the women's integrity and restrain from putting them through the things that could loose that integrity, there purity of themselves that they can offer to them before and after marriage. He let them know that God delights in that chastity of women when upheld. Things haven't changed today as they were back then. Prophets still talk about the chastity of women. How important it is to keep our chastity to show even our own personal integrity. I remember when I was in school and how people would talk about this girl being with this guy and this other girl was this and this guy. Spreading a reputation some true and some where there to harm that females integrity making her look like she was really out there doing who knows what. I was one of those girls that got questioned about how many guys I was with. Never been with a guy in my life except the boy who raped me when I was six years old. That purity was taken from me and people who knew used it against me spreading rumors. That purity played so many roles in the way I perceived myself and feeling of dirtiness in my life. Even when the talk of going to the temple came about. My mom would say I would physically start to shake and I would tell her I was unclean. I didn't feel worthy of anything more and couldn't explain why I felt that way. My mother would ask me all the time why. Satan used that feelings against me and knew I knew what needed to be done but I would feel dirty. I never had the desire to go through the temple because of it. I never did anything wrong that could keep me away from the blessings God could give me until one day after I graduated i have up the fight.
I see the tool of rape or any sexual abuse a tool behind something so evil. It hurts me to think anyone can go through it and feel the way I did. Yet my heart aches and goes out to them. I can see where people who have gone through the experience feel unchaste by the action of another against them. Why God and the prophets ask us to honor our chastity and even help those who have gone through a bad experience that they can feel clean and chaste even though they have been acted upon by another.
Society holds women to a higher standard of chastity than men. We look at the ones who are out there with their actions as filthy and undeserving and make it hard to come to realize the comfort they can find in christ. We can terrorize them into believing that they are even worthless. But how can we help them realize they can have personal integrity and come to Christ and use the atonement and realize that even though a mistake has been made that their chastity from the point they repent matters and that through Christ they can be cleaned and become pure in heart with him? How can we help remind those to remain chaste who haven't gone done a path unseen, or a reminder that repentance or have been victimized that the principle still can apply and bring them to the path of virtue which we can all live that high moral standard and be welcomed into his kingdom, his holy house one day of we peruse to stay chaste? As Elder ulisses soares said in his talk Paths to True Happiness " The first of these paths is virtue, which is a pattern of thought and behavior base d on high moral standards. It encompasses chastity and moral purity, which qualify you to enter the Lord's holy temples. " With that in mind no matter where we are on our paths prophets, apostles, throughout time and present speak on the importance of having chastity in our life. That it is part of high importance that men as will as ourself as women respect a man's chastity but men should uphold and respect the chastity of women. We shouldn't be dragged down because of thing that we have done it being a victim of a horrible crime against that part of our chastness. God loves us and wants us to begin living in the now day after day to strive to keep chaste and uphold one another to stay chaste. We can keep upholding our chastity each day it's our personal integrity at hand and we should be able to move forward from hurt or pain we have felt without being dragged back through the dirt. We have a choice to live and learn and keep learning the law of chastity no matter if we have kept the commandment or beginning to live it. We are all loved by God and he knows our heart. And be able to encourage each other to do what is right in God's eyes so we can complete the things the Lord needs us to do in this life.
28 For I, the Lord God, delight in the chastity of women. And whoredoms are an abomination before me; thus saith the Lord of Hosts.
Jacob a prophet and Nephi's brother talks to the people at the temple about the chastity of women. How important it is for men and women to recognize they sanctity throughout time on women's chastity. What does it actually mean to have chastity? The Merriam- Webster Dictionary meaning 1.quality or state of being chaste: such as abstention from sexual intercourse,purity in conduct and intention,restraint and simplicity in design or expression. 2. Personal integrity.
Jacob is asking the men to uphold the chastity of women and asking the women to stay true to there chastity. As Merriam Webster Dictionary he wanted them to watch out for the women's integrity and restrain from putting them through the things that could loose that integrity, there purity of themselves that they can offer to them before and after marriage. He let them know that God delights in that chastity of women when upheld. Things haven't changed today as they were back then. Prophets still talk about the chastity of women. How important it is to keep our chastity to show even our own personal integrity. I remember when I was in school and how people would talk about this girl being with this guy and this other girl was this and this guy. Spreading a reputation some true and some where there to harm that females integrity making her look like she was really out there doing who knows what. I was one of those girls that got questioned about how many guys I was with. Never been with a guy in my life except the boy who raped me when I was six years old. That purity was taken from me and people who knew used it against me spreading rumors. That purity played so many roles in the way I perceived myself and feeling of dirtiness in my life. Even when the talk of going to the temple came about. My mom would say I would physically start to shake and I would tell her I was unclean. I didn't feel worthy of anything more and couldn't explain why I felt that way. My mother would ask me all the time why. Satan used that feelings against me and knew I knew what needed to be done but I would feel dirty. I never had the desire to go through the temple because of it. I never did anything wrong that could keep me away from the blessings God could give me until one day after I graduated i have up the fight.
I see the tool of rape or any sexual abuse a tool behind something so evil. It hurts me to think anyone can go through it and feel the way I did. Yet my heart aches and goes out to them. I can see where people who have gone through the experience feel unchaste by the action of another against them. Why God and the prophets ask us to honor our chastity and even help those who have gone through a bad experience that they can feel clean and chaste even though they have been acted upon by another.
Society holds women to a higher standard of chastity than men. We look at the ones who are out there with their actions as filthy and undeserving and make it hard to come to realize the comfort they can find in christ. We can terrorize them into believing that they are even worthless. But how can we help them realize they can have personal integrity and come to Christ and use the atonement and realize that even though a mistake has been made that their chastity from the point they repent matters and that through Christ they can be cleaned and become pure in heart with him? How can we help remind those to remain chaste who haven't gone done a path unseen, or a reminder that repentance or have been victimized that the principle still can apply and bring them to the path of virtue which we can all live that high moral standard and be welcomed into his kingdom, his holy house one day of we peruse to stay chaste? As Elder ulisses soares said in his talk Paths to True Happiness " The first of these paths is virtue, which is a pattern of thought and behavior base d on high moral standards. It encompasses chastity and moral purity, which qualify you to enter the Lord's holy temples. " With that in mind no matter where we are on our paths prophets, apostles, throughout time and present speak on the importance of having chastity in our life. That it is part of high importance that men as will as ourself as women respect a man's chastity but men should uphold and respect the chastity of women. We shouldn't be dragged down because of thing that we have done it being a victim of a horrible crime against that part of our chastness. God loves us and wants us to begin living in the now day after day to strive to keep chaste and uphold one another to stay chaste. We can keep upholding our chastity each day it's our personal integrity at hand and we should be able to move forward from hurt or pain we have felt without being dragged back through the dirt. We have a choice to live and learn and keep learning the law of chastity no matter if we have kept the commandment or beginning to live it. We are all loved by God and he knows our heart. And be able to encourage each other to do what is right in God's eyes so we can complete the things the Lord needs us to do in this life.
Comments
Post a Comment