Rebekah History Repeats
Rebekah History Repeats
In Rebekah's story we see the same steps repeat itself like her mother in law Sarah and Abraham. You know that saying " those that don't know the past are doomed to repeat it! " the same story but a different time and different a different couple.
In Rebekahs story we see her and Isaac go to Palestine with king abimelech telling him the same story as Isaacs parents did. That they were brother and sister. Abimelech sees them being flirtatious with each other and realized that they are married.
In our lives sometimes we have things that happen to repeat over and over again. Making us feel like we are stuck and not growing. Here in Rebekahs situation we see a repeat of history. How many times in our life have we ever read an ancestors story and realize we are going through a situation similar as theirs. Is there a hint in their story that can help us learn from their mistakes or situation that can help us even get through our mistake or situation? Something that we can learn to help us react differently Or just to be able to get us through or even teach us how they relied on god.
I know growing up my mother would always teach us learn from history. history has a way of repeating itself. there have been times in my life I have asked myself why do I feel like I am going through this again? What haven't i learned or what do I need to do differently here in this situation? It's as though we get stuck and keep repeating until we look at the big picture and say how can I get through this different? Or even ask ourself what big change do I need to make to feel like I am not repeating my life circumstances again? So many times we have to go through the same situation because we didn't learn everything we could've the first time or the second time or even the third time. It's that in huh moment that we get that just turns everything around and from that moment we began to shine we began do so the work that was completely intended for us to do. Sometimes the situation is bigger and when we even ask others and God for help we learn that we do have a codependent but independent attitude to do his work or be a service provider for someone to serve us. God wants us to learn from our situation and he wants us to look at the past history of what we or another has gone through so we can be taught and grow. No matter what situation we are in its a teaching experience and sometimes we got to ask what can I learn from this to make it through or how can I change this situation so history doesn't repeat itself?
In Rebekahs story we see her and Isaac go to Palestine with king abimelech telling him the same story as Isaacs parents did. That they were brother and sister. Abimelech sees them being flirtatious with each other and realized that they are married.
In our lives sometimes we have things that happen to repeat over and over again. Making us feel like we are stuck and not growing. Here in Rebekahs situation we see a repeat of history. How many times in our life have we ever read an ancestors story and realize we are going through a situation similar as theirs. Is there a hint in their story that can help us learn from their mistakes or situation that can help us even get through our mistake or situation? Something that we can learn to help us react differently Or just to be able to get us through or even teach us how they relied on god.
I know growing up my mother would always teach us learn from history. history has a way of repeating itself. there have been times in my life I have asked myself why do I feel like I am going through this again? What haven't i learned or what do I need to do differently here in this situation? It's as though we get stuck and keep repeating until we look at the big picture and say how can I get through this different? Or even ask ourself what big change do I need to make to feel like I am not repeating my life circumstances again? So many times we have to go through the same situation because we didn't learn everything we could've the first time or the second time or even the third time. It's that in huh moment that we get that just turns everything around and from that moment we began to shine we began do so the work that was completely intended for us to do. Sometimes the situation is bigger and when we even ask others and God for help we learn that we do have a codependent but independent attitude to do his work or be a service provider for someone to serve us. God wants us to learn from our situation and he wants us to look at the past history of what we or another has gone through so we can be taught and grow. No matter what situation we are in its a teaching experience and sometimes we got to ask what can I learn from this to make it through or how can I change this situation so history doesn't repeat itself?
Comments
Post a Comment