Herodias

Her story is found in Mathew 14:1-11, Mark 6:17-28, Like 3:19-20

Herodias happened to be the wife of Herod. Her story is the story of a woman that didn't like what a prophet said and literally wanted his head on a platter. John told Herod his wife was the wife of us brother. Which infuriated Herod and Herodias that they locked John the Baptist up. Herod was growing fond of John from his words. His wife in the other hand had plans to have him out to death. Enlisting her daughter from her other marriage to go in and dance for him. When her husband made an oath that his daughter could have anything she wanted, asking her mom what she should ask for she told her she wanted to have John's head on a platter.
Herodias we learn from scripture was a vile and vicious woman. By the Jewish law it was unclean to take the wife of the brother and it is said to uncover the nakedness of his brother. Found in Leviticus 20:21. No wonder why Herodias started to get upset and became afraid of what her husband would do when listening to John's words. She must have become accustomed to all that she had in front of her. She taught me being a woman and even just human we can let things get into our heart that can cause us to become bike and vicious. Especially when we don't want to admit to the truth. How many times in life do we let the truth of others words get to us that we rather do them harm than admit it? Or even today as we listen to a prophet, apostles word bishop member of the church or friend what has hit you recently that might start this pin cushion to act like and vicious to them? Is it there daily or is it the reality that we don't want to face in the matter? Many times I think of the gossipers here. Is it fair to put the pain of another in your own hand to disgrace another? Or if you have been disgrace do you feel as though it was justified especially if someone kept their word about something that can be harmful to them or another that is a secret? The anger of verified taught me to look at many different questions. Most of all one of the things she has taught me is not to let things fester in your heart. If it's the truth ask God to help know how to handle the situation. Why let your heart fill up with bitterness. Scripture says what you think you will say and eventually you will act upon. It all starts in the heart to thought. By the time we want to get the vendita  we have thought out scenarios after scenarios of How it would play out. She teaches me that when a thought pattern that doesn't suit the purpose of the Lord comes to mind to quickly chase it away. I know this can be hard because after we are human. How many times do we get so frustrated that we go in our rooms and hit a pillow or at the bed or even go for a long walk to calm and recollect to do the will of God than act out on say and desires.
The other thing she taught me was  sometimes in relationships parents learn to use their children as pawns. To get another to act by having a child go in and do what they feel they cannot achieve in their own. How are we teaching a child to live Christ like when we are enlisting our children in our plot? Is there ways to think and stop in our tracks and actually think how would Jesus want me to act in teaching my child? Many times I have to stop myself from thinking I can get my way in good for McDonalds if I send my child in to ask! It's a small example but I know my children can play on the heart of their father better than I can when it comes to food. Daddy I want cheeseburger and they can keep that going. But is that exactly fair to the child except to teach them how to manipulate to get their way? No just as herodias laid out her plan to have her daughter dance she got an oath and wanted a prophets head on a platter. Which her husband agreed to. She tarnished her husband who started to fear John's words by distracting him in an act she wanted fulfilled John silenced. In the end when all was said and done she is the one that had to face all the misfortune and become responsible for all that she caused laying on her hands. All those she embarked on a path of wanting a head to silence the words of a prophet. Made me think of the reason I was actually raped. It's because I'm my heart I knew the foster child stole a pack of gum so I told my father. Who made him work for it and take the money back to the store to pay for it.In  the end his anger was so but up that he tried to kill me but by the time he went home he raped me. That day still stuck in my mind. Even when memories come up. But I have learned over the years how important it was not to let it sit on my heart and cause bitterness. I'm now being 43 I have learned a valuable lesson recently from that experience of How great God's love is for all and that he want us to show restraint in those who cause so much harm and if they have turned to him he wants us to be able to accept him as our brother or sister in his kingdom. It's been the best day that I let that go. And I hope whatever is festering in your hearts you can find that joy to rebuild and men's your broken pieces in god that you can have a full life in christ to know his love is meant for all that seek him and want spiritual healing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A deep dive on foundations "know who you really are" by elder eyre oct. 2025

Know Who You Really Are: Finding Strength in Your Divine Identity on Elder Brik V. Eyre's October 2025 Talk

The Atoning Love of Jesus Christ: Forgiveness and Healing by Elder Neil L. Andersen Oct. 2025