my talk from sunday at church The family: proclamation to the world

The Family: proclamation to the world

" There are very few things in this life that are worth having." The family in a whole is one of them>, because if we don't have them, everything else in this life feels worthless.
This year there was an article in one of the ensigns on a lady who had not talked to her sister in a long time because she didn't agree with the choices her sister made in her life and went against all the teachings of the church. One day one of her children asked to see her aunt. She made contact with her sister and in time her kids got to know their aunt. Shortly after I saw this article I saw on face book a friends post about losing his sister. sayin" my sister always came around when she needed something from me. I'd help her out but never really had anything to do with her. partly because I didn't agree with her life style. Now I ponder is there more that I good have done and been more Christ like towards he?" When I read both of these experiences it made me think about myself. The things in my life and the turns that I had made. One night after high school I was sitting in my room and I was thinking how much the weight of the world just seemed like to much pressure to me. I said in my mind " God I can't fight anymore!" As soon as I said those words I can feel this spirit just leave. and a thought crossed my mind" okay I will be here when you return or need me." my parents would write me letters reminding me of the gospel principles of family, being born lds, and that I was turning my back on the teachings I was taught and raised with. And that whatever I was going through they would always be there> And that I in god's eyes in one of his princesses always. Will least to say I ended up pregnant and when family members found out some of them were not to happy. even some family members asked "what kind of an example will she be to everyone in the family our own children?" I did not care I was on my way to having this baby. Least to say my oldest was born on new years day! of course my mom went home and wrote me a letter that night. in her letter she wrote " isn't it interesting that your son was born on new years day? the beginning of a new year a beginning of a new life, family and the rest of your life. Asking me why not make those changes in your life? Why not make the symbolization of this day and use it to make god a part of it? bring god back into your life again and make it a goal!" The gospel principles that I learned as a child from my parents and church always stood out to me. even when I felt down and needed an uplifting thought. id go to the scriptures because of the familiarity it was to me. I started to make my way back to church. Even one of my friends came up to me and started to cry calling me by my name saying to me" we have no idea what you have gone through or what your thoughts or anything are on the church. but we your friends your ward family have been praying for you. Time and time again. we care for you and we love you a great deal. we want you to return to our father in heaven with us just as much as he wants you to do as will. "
One year i was given the forgotten carols by my boss.  the lady that have it to me told me "this is one of our families favorites. I feel you can use it." Will my favorite song is homeless. The words homeless like the  christ child was. There is hope cause he came down to earth. He vowed he would never leave us because with in love there is hope.
I love mulan and I remember reading the family: proclamation. If you remember when mulan reflects asking herself " how do I play this part? How do I do this without disappointing family? " will when I read the family: the proclamation to the world i thought " who am I to teach  my children these gospel principles? I didn't live them! " my answer came " i am a daughter of god one of his and I can teach these principles to my children because I know the value and importance by living God's law and the blessings that come from  these principles at far more important and worth living them than not. I even opened the scriptures asking the question to alma 37:33-37 reading those scriptures i can teach them repentance, have faith in god, trust him, be humble, and withstand temptation, wisdom and to pray to god. I can teach them because I have lived the gospel fell away from the gospel and have come back to the gospel. A few years ago I was asked why is it so important to be married now from before? Will it's about morale about the values, and the institute of learning that marriage and family gives. And I find it is easier to include God in my daily life. Tony Robbins a motivational speakers talking to a man about the most important thing that his wife wanted? The man in return answered "my family ! For me to spend more time with our family making memories. The guy then said she sacrifices a lot for me." Tony asked him " why don't you do the same for her? " i bet she has goals. Why don't you love her the way she loves you? "
 they say the best example a child can have is to have parents that love each other. We can build those strong relationships with the family. Yeah it will take a commitment. Maybe even a lot of praying. But it is possible to make our families stronger when we put God into it. When we think of the stripping warriors going out to fight and they remembered what there moms taught them. Those teaching began in the home.
Helena 5:12 states that it is upon the rock of the redeemer, who is christ,the son of god, that you must build your foundation. Where do we learn and began our foundation from? Our families! Each family is different! That foundation that we are taught especially when God is involved is retained with us in life.
My oldest when we went out to see him at boot camp graduation happened to say to me " mom i feel one day I need to protect my family and fight for my family one day. "  will his word as a soldier feeling he will need to protect his family made me think as soldiers of god how can we protect the family? We can begin with love in our homes and  teach and love our children our spouse about God's laws and to live by them as an example. By strengthening the family we end up creating a fundamental unit for society. I know the family is a working, learning action we can build it up or we can destroy that fundamental institute.
Ongoing woman's as a youth i was made the class president of my no a maids class. During the blessing that I was given i remember being told that  my heart would one day have a desire to go to the temple. And every time I would think of my family my desire would grow stronger. " will i haven't gone through yet but when I think of my family my desire grows more and more to go to the temple. To be a family for eternity and have the blessings that are ours to recieve.
Will a few years ago I took a 14 day challenge of scripture reading to get to know Christ. One day it was talking about weaknesses. Okay I will pray asking what my weakness was. A question went through my mind "why are you so scared to go through the temple?" Your family is your greatest weakness but they are also your greatest strength! But because of the blessings the temple has and is yours to achieve your family is your greatest weaknezs. God's creating and making a desire within each one of your children your spouse he is holding in each one of you a desire to be a forever family. Make it a goal! " deep down it has become my biggest goal i have these days even the days that I am at the hospital with my So  I find !myself thinking of family andfind myself thinking of family and find myself thinking about the temple.
The touch of the masters hand

Twas battered and scarred, and the auctioneer thought it scarcely worth his while. To waste much time on the old violin but held it up with a smile: what am I bidden, good folks, " he cried, "who'll start the bidding for me?" " a dollar, a dollar; the two! Only two? Two dollars, and who'll make it three?  Three dollars, once;three dollars twice; going for three-" but no, from the room far back, a gray-haired man came forward and picked up the bow; then wiping the dust from the old violin, and tightening the loose strings, he played a melody pure and sweet as a caroling Angel sings. The music ceased, and the auctioneer with a voice that was quiet and low, said " what am I bid for th old violin? " and held it up with the bow. A thousand dollars, and who'll make it two? Two thousand, once three thousand, twice, and going and gone, " said he. The people cheered, but some cried, "we don't understand what changed its worth. "Swift came the reply: "the touch of the masters hand." And many a man with life out of tune, and battered and scarred with sin, is auctioned cheap to the thoughtless crowd much like the old violin. A mess a portable a glass of wine; a game - and he travels on. He is going once and going twice he's going and almost gone. But the master comes, and the foolish crowd never can quote understand the worth of a soul and the change that's  wrought by the touch of the masters hand.
As the master (god) plays a role in our life in our families God is also holding us. Just as the words of the lion king when Zumba looks at his father in the clouds i can only imagine God saying those words to us. "You have forgotten me there fire you have forgotten who you are and forgotten me" remember you play an important part in your family. No matter what path you  take there is still a fishing rod reeling is in. And as my blessing i know God turns me toward mine. I think daily about it. Return with honor as a family. Which holds a key when taught God's principles. And at the end of the song homeless  the words state Christ came down to show us there is a home.He opened a way. He opened a way to always feel his love through the family and by opening our arms and just letting those around us in. We love them we cherish and we spent a way as will through our families our secure place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A deep dive on foundations "know who you really are" by elder eyre oct. 2025

Know Who You Really Are: Finding Strength in Your Divine Identity on Elder Brik V. Eyre's October 2025 Talk

The Atoning Love of Jesus Christ: Forgiveness and Healing by Elder Neil L. Andersen Oct. 2025